Sunday, November 22, 2009

[itroundtable] Fw: Great LinkedIn tip - find "private" profiles without paying LinkedIn $25

 

From Patrick OMalley <patcc at patrickomalley.com>


617-PATRICK constant contact header
From 617-PATRICK...
Greetings!

Folks,
 
This is my second newsletter to you all, and it has a great LinkedIn tip, hot off the press.  These will be written so that they are easy to read and fast to skim.
 
Summary, which will help you determine whether you want to
read the rest of the email:
  1. Exclusive Linkedin tip - see "Private" profiles without paying LinkedIn $25 
  2. Shameless plug
    • Need help with social media to get more business?
    • Need help with Google ranking?
    • Need speaking, training, or consulting?
    • Call (617)-PATRICK
    Thanks, 617-PATRICK

    Link 1) Exclusive Linkedin tip - see "Private" profiles without paying LinkedIn $25 using a cute Google trick
    LinkedIn tip - find people who are "out of network" without paying $25 to LinkedIn

    Sometimes, you search for someone in LinkedIn, but it says "out of network" because they aren't a first, second or third level connection, and LinkedIn won't give you the person's name.   You assume you have to pay LinkedIn $25 in order to see their name.  Not true, because you know me. 

    Here's a real life example
     
    I was talking to a potential client (for social media consulting) at Connecticut Plastics, and she mentioned to me that the owner would be calling me.  I didn't hear his name clearly, and it would be awkward if I didn't know him by name when he called.

    I did an advanced search on LinkedIn for

    Connecticut Plastics owner
    and it showed that he had a LinkedIn profile, but he was "out of network", so LinkedIn wouldn't give his name. 

    Cough up 25 bucks?  Not yet.

    Look in Google using a fancy trick
     
    Realize that Google has most LinkedIn profiles, so the trick is to somehow find them on Google.  If you pick some unique string from the info that LinkedIn does show you, and use a special feature of Google called the "site:" feature, (which allows you to just search one site on the Internet), you may find the name and full profile through Google.

    I saw the string

    Engineer at Alinabal
    in his profile and figured that very few other people would have that string in their profile.  Therefore, I put it into Google, along with the word owner, using the following magic search string

    Engineer at Alinabal owner site:www.linkedin.com
    and found the profile in the Google results.  I clicked on the link, and LinkedIn showed me the LinkedIn profile page, with name and all. 
     
    See a 2 minute sample video
    If you want to see a 2 minute video that shows exactly how to do it, go to my web site at
    This technique doesn't work in every case, but it works in a lot of cases.  If it works for you, please send me $25 each time.
    Pretty cool, huh?  
     
    An agreement between you and I

    I give these tip to my email audience first, and will publish it in a blog in a couple of months, but you get a head start.  You also get to be cool by telling your friends how to save $25.  I do ask that you don't publish this on the Internet until I put it in my blog at 617-PATRICK Social Media Blog
     
    Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
     
    promotion 2) Shameless plug
    Need help with social media or Google ranking? 
    Need speaking, training, or consulting?
    Please call (617)-PATRICK
    Thanks for your time.   Great tip coming next month, too... 

    Sincerely,
    Pat

    Patrick OMalley, aka 617-PATRICK
    To follow me on Twitter: 617patrick 

    Safe Unsubscribe
    This email was sent to annber55@yahoo.com by patcc@patrickomalley.com.
    Patrick OMalley 617-PATRICK | 3920 Mystic Valley Pkwy, #1103 | Suite 1103 | Medford | MA | 02155

    __._,_.___
    .

    __,_._,___

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Twitter / newyorkitjobs

    Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs

    Followers

    Blog Archive