Tuesday, January 26, 2010

[itroundtable] Fwd: [MyLinkNetwork] Networking and sharing value through blogs

 



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: timplatt532 <timplatt532@aol.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Subject: [MyLinkNetwork] Networking and sharing value through blogs
To: MyLinkNetwork@yahoogroups.com


 

I have always found a great deal of value in online social networking and in connecting and sharing through online groups, so to pay it forward and give back, I wanted to share word of what I am writing about on my business and technology blog.

Guide to Effective Job Search and Career Development
http://plattperspective.wordpress.com/guide-to-effective-job-search-and-career-development/
I now have posted 36 short single topic essays on various aspects of job search and career development. These cover standard topics and issues and also look into new trends and issues like video resumes and best practices for them. My most recent posting here deals with the difficult issues of job discrimination and I have several more postings planned to continue this series. With unemployment still at and above 10% nationally in the US this is an important area to develop and share best practices in.

Social Networking and Business
http://plattperspective.wordpress.com/social-networking-and-business/
This is very close to what I do professionally as a consultant – along with always looking for new job opportunities myself. I have posted 38 times on this, presenting a very systematic picture of what good, effective social networking is and how to create value through it. My most recent posting in this series is about social networking and fads, and how they form.

I also post on a range of other, related topics and I always respond to comments that share ideas and that help develop real conversations. How can I help you with your networking?

Timothy Platt, Ph.D.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/timothyplatt
Blog: http://plattperspective.wordpress.com




--
Peter Lutz
"Bridging the gaps between Business and Information Technology"

lutzpf@gmail.com
Linkedin - www.linkedin.com/in/peterlutz
Twitter - twitter.com/peterlutz
Facebook - www.facebook.com/peterlutz
Resume - peterlutz.emurse.com

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / newyorkitjobs

Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs

Followers

Blog Archive